Mr. Rossi has been involved in investment banking, a broad range of mortgage activities, commercial and multi-family residential real estate brokerage, investments, land and commercial development, leasing, property management, financing, consulting, and numerous successful syndications as General Partner beginning in 1970 and ending in 1976 when he no longer included partners in his projects. He also has extensive experience in the development of residential, office, retail, industrial, commercial and special purpose buildings and land projects, including construction of numerous properties for his own account.
One of his most recently completed projects, the Aliso Viejo Convenience Center (“AVCC”) was, as are all of his development projects, solely owned and operated by him. AVCC consists of a five-acre retail/commercial center including over 15,000 square feet of mixed-use multi-tenant retail (including several fast food tenants, dental, veterinarian and specialty shops, plus deluxe office suites), a 9,000 square foot Goodyear tire automotive center, and a freestanding corporate operated El Pollo Loco restaurant. Mr. Rossi located all of these tenants, and negotiated and structured all leases. Also located on the site is a 2 plus acre and very successful full service carwash, fast lube, 24-hour Chevron gasoline facility and 8,000 square foot upscale market which, until it was recently sold, Mr. Rossi and his son served as the owner-Chevron dealer/operator for the entire facility.
A sampling of other diverse projects he has developed for his own account and in most cases directly or indirectly operated the following:
- Full service and self service (coin-op) carwashes-convenience stores & Chevron gasoline stations in Tustin, CA, Phoenix and Scottsdale, Arizona.
- Bayside Square-35,000 Sq Ft waterfront office complex (Newport Beach)
- Bridgestone-Firestone Auto repair/service/tire sales complex & carwash (Mission Viejo)
- Riverside Cowboy- 15,000 Sq Ft entertainment venue/ food service establishment (Riverside)
- Yorba Professional Centre -32,000 Sq Ft-Office Buildings (Tustin)
- Saddleback Savings Professional Building -24,000 Sq Ft (Tustin)
- Pioneer Take Out Chicken Restaurant (Whittier)
- 7 – Eleven (Corporate Tenant) anchored multi-tenant strip retail center (Rowland Heights)
Other major activities and past involvements
- Investment and Mortgage Banking/Loan Brokerage of over $350 million annual volume (1979 dollars) of conventional and tax-exempt construction and permanent loans for single-family/multi-family/commercial projects.
- General Partner in over 34 limited and general real estate partnerships involving over 150 separate properties. All projects met, and in most cases, substantially exceeded expectations.
- Leasing and property management (shopping centers, office, multi-family entertainment and food service, and ground leases).
Leasing and property management (shopping centers, office,
multi-family entertainment and food service, and ground
- Exclusive brokerage representation for substantial foreign and domestic investors, developers, syndicators and financial institutions. This activity included general brokerage ranging from single-family (new and resale with prices from “affordable to million dollar plus”) to multi-family projects of considerable size; extensively assisted in the liquidation of a bankrupt, major financial institution’s R.E.O.’s of various types and complexity; land development and brokerage including an approximate 800 acre subdivision in Southern California; multi-family and major hotel sites.
- Federal Home Loan Bank Board (Washington
D.C. and San Francisco) approval as Chairman of the Board
of Directors for a Savings and Loan/Savings Bank.
Instrumental in the founding of another extremely successful
Savings and Loan Association.
- Instrumental in the founding of another extremely successful Savings and Loan Association.
- Founder, Former Director and Chief Financial Officer of a Thrift and Loan Association (actively served on the Loan Committee).
- Expert court witness in the fields of finance/lending and general real estate matters.
- Substantial experience acting as a consultant to developers of all sizes, real estate professionals, financial institutions, governmental agencies and municipalities in the field of real estate development and finance.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Accounting, California State University at Los Angeles, where his scholastic achievements and student leadership involvement earned him election to the Blue Key National Scholastic Honor Society. Post Graduate Studies at the Western State University College of Law with emphasis on Contract Law. He also holds the G.R.I. (Graduate, Realtors Institute) designation and has many hours of advanced studies in a broad range of real estate, business, economics and management curricula. Licensed California Real Estate Broker (1970).